Sunday, May 23, 2010

In which I wonder if I can finish

It's May 23rd. I have less than a month of school left. 4 pair of socks to finish for sixth year students. 5 bookmarks for fourth years. 6 scarves for fifth years. I am reminded of cribbage games of old when I'd be ahead by a TON of points and my dad would claim: "I ain't worried." And he wasn't. Did he win? Yeah, usually.

So I ain't worried. Am I? No. Am I? No. Am I? Perhaps.....

Here's the pluses:
1. I found the patriotic socks that went missing for a couple weeks and convinced everyone in my house that I was insane, destined to spend my life wandering around looking wildly in every direction, expecting to see a half-formulated woolen American flag flying in some corner of the house. Correction: my husband found them. (Although he was the one who originally misled me, saying that he'd taken them out of the shorts they were in and put them down in the bedroom. He also claimed to have later seen them hanging out in the trash. Talk about a heart attack. Not only is there about ten hours invested in those socks, there's $14 of wool and $16 of needles.)
2. I am over half done with the patriotic socks (for MA) and the blue socks which I have not yet photographed (for WS).
3. Bookmarks are small.
4. Scarves will be crocheted, which is speedy.

Here's the minuses:
1. I have to find a place to live before July 1, an endeavor which is not always easy.
2. I have a bunch of end-of-year reports due tomorrow that aren't finished.
3. I am tired. As in weary, exhausted, emotionally spent, easily frustrated, and overwhelmed with life. I don't want to do anything anymore.
4. I also need to bust out two pair of socks for the auction project (Parent and Child socks, won by our lovely art teacher).

All this, and something new, something exciting. I'm starting to teach knitting on June 3rd at the YMCA! It's a volunteer position, but it doesn't matter. I am beginning to make plans about how to intrigue them, excite them, and infect them with the love for yarn.....

1 comment: